Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Out & About // Decatur St.

I mean no disrespect to this woman with what I'm about to say but: yesterday I came across a post online about older women (and men) who shed the social constraints placed on them due to their age and dressed with exuberance and playfulness that rivaled youth culture.  It was an inspiring blurb about how we as a society place unnecessary boundaries on who should dress which way and how these beacons of revolt break the mold and continue to use their appearance as a means of personal expression rather than slowly fading into the background.  I hope this blog expresses that idea with every post, displaying people who turn down "normalcy" in the name of expression and, well, fun.  I feel this woman joins those ranks, with her mix of patterns, colors, and her enjoyable demeanor.

1 comment: