Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Out & About // Buckhead MARTA


This is my inaugural post and so, of course, there is a story involved.  This man was in my presence for probably a good 5 minutes and during that entire time I wanted to take his picture.  He was sitting a few people away from me, waiting for the next train, probably wondering what to have for dinner that evening, completely unaware that meanwhile I was waging an internal war to work up the courage to finally get this blog going.  I had it in my mind that I wanted to start a Street-Style blog, but I hadn't gotten up the nerve to actually ask anyone if I could photograph them.  Finally I did ask him and was pleased that he accepted.  I took a few shots and then we both resumed our seats, eventually borded the train, and parted ways.

Style-wise I was immediately taken by his hat and its contrast with his suit.  It's very Southern-boy-meets-business-executive.  When he sat back down I saw that he was also proudly sporting cowboy boots which further supported his hybrid style.  He is put together, professional, and expressive all in one outfit and all at one time and I am glad  he was the first of many people to be a part of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment