Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Out & About // Inman Park Festival

When I ask to take someone's photo (and they agree) I simply scoot back and bring my camera to my eye.  I leave them to pose how they wish because it is yet another way for someone to express themselves through the image.  That may seem like a stretch or that I'm looking too far into an unimportant detail, but I wholeheartedly believe that a person's character shows through their pose. Think back to the older woman and her elegant pose form a time before.  Also, the girl in the commando-esque boots helped me reach this conclusion.  In the earlier photos she was standing how she appears on the blog, straightforward and with seemingly little movement.  Eventually, I actually asked her to pose and it resulted into a hands-on-the-hip side-stance that came across as fake and forced and not fitting to the girl.  I let people pose how they wish because I am merely acting as a displayer of who they are.

This guy's pose exudes confidence and nonchalance, characteristics I sensed from him in just the few moments we interacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment