Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Out & About // Inman Park Festival

A few weeks ago I attended the Inman Park Festival, an annual event put on by Atlanta's oldest neighborhood.  It features local vendors, music, characters and fun.  I, being a new Atlantan, knew I had to check it out and bring my camera along.

I don't know what initially made me gravitate towards this woman, but once I put the camera to my eye and she posed I knew I hadn't made a mistake.  Her pose is one of habit, a pose she has struck many times before throughout her life, probably since she was a flirty teenager.  Her outward style may now be that of a grandmother: conservative and practical, but it is quite obvious that that does not make her any less of a lady and any more out of touch with her youthful habits.  She still exudes her teenage charm and confidence and that is something that transcends clothing. 

I hope I'm not coming off as some hopeless romantic or blubbering fool.  I'm only trying to broaden the horizons of what can be considered style. It is more than clothing.  It is a culmination of everything that you are and wear and the outward expression of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment